Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cheltenham Fashion Week; The Student Show

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to head to a few of the events going on at Cheltenham Fashion Week to cover for Fashion Mixbag! As a girl born and raised in the Cotswold town, I love the fact my hometown embraced the fashion air surrounding London Fashion Week and brought it to those of us unable to make the happenings in the big city! The first of the events I went to was the student show on Tuesday evening as part of the education day of the week! Supported by George Davies (founder of Next, George at Asda and Per Una at Marks & Spencer) the evening brought an exciting catwalk show featuring new and upcoming talent in the local area from young designers aged 16 upwards. It was fab to see my old school representing one of the collections featured especially as someone who studied Textiles whilst I was there.



























The show itself was packed and had a great atmosphere, it was brilliant to see such passion, creativity and innovation with the variety of designs and fabrics displayed! After all, only at a student show would you see L.E.D lights entwined with a rope bustier! The models were fabulously styled in 60′s mod with heavy eye make up and sharp dark bob cut hair and there were quite a few pieces that I really would snap up in a heart beat. Namely some lovely tie-dye jackets and graphic printed trousers!






















Drawing the evening to a close, the judging panel consisting of George Davies, hair stylist Stuart Holmes and fashion journalist Sarah Hayley chose three students as winners of the best designs and received a fab prize of work experience with George Davies in London which were thoroughly deserved! All the talented ladies definitely got me wanting to crack out my creative side again, hope those of you that went enjoyed it as much as I did!  



Excitingly, I've recently been asked by The Editeur to be a guest blogger on their blog so a round up of both the events I went to have been posted here. However as usual I was overly snap happy, so thought I would feature the separate events on my own blog with more of the other photos!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx