Sunday, 18 November 2012

Music Mixbag: Sunday Playlist

 When I first started this blog I used to do quite a few posts on what was on my playlist, who I couldn't stop listening to or who I was loving discovering. I haven't done a post that's entirely music orientated in ages and as big old eclectic music fan, I've decided to get it back up and running again as more of a regular feature! So today I'm kicking it back off with a selection of my latest favourite tracks for a chilled Sunday Playlist!

Of Monsters and Men // Dirty Paws
I love this song. It's got such a cute charm to it and follows on from 'Little Talks' brilliantly.



Two Door Cinema Club // Sun

A happy chappy second single from their latest album Beacon. I always love a bit of TDCC.  


Alt-J // Matilda
It took me a little while to come round to Alt-J. But I absolutely love this song, such a distinctive voice and I feel instantly chilled after listening to it.


Ed Sheeran // Give Me Love: Live Room Acoustic
Although its hard to select one, I think this is possibly my favourite song on Ed's album +. So glad it's been released as the final song!



Alex Care // Damn Your Eyes
I LOVE Alex Care's voice, especially on this brilliant cover of Etta James' Damn Your Eyes. I wish it was longer than 2 and half minutes!



Gabrielle Aplin // Ghosts
My favourite song from the amazing Gabrielle who sings the lovely cover of 'Power of Love' for this year's Xmas John Lewis advert. I first started my music posts on this blog with her song 'Home', so it only felt right to include this song in this post!



The XX // Angels
I know this isn't a new song but I just still can't stop listening to it! I don't think I'll ever get bored of hearing it!



Pinback // Penelope
An oldie, but a goodie. This song first came out in 2001. So when I was age 10/11 and completely unaware indie style music ever existed! Quite a melancholic song I know, but I still love listening to it!




 Enjoy. Hope you all have a lovely relaxing day :)


 

6 comments :

  1. I do love Ed Sheeran x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!
    Would you like to follow eachother on Bloglovin' & GFC? Check out my blog and let me know, I'll follow straight back!
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

    www.kellyjade.co.uk
    Kelly
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'll check out your blog now! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx