Sunday 3 March 2013

SS 13 Trendboards!


Hey lovely blogger readers! Here is my SS'13 trend focused post bringing you all that I love for this coming summer season in association with Matches Fashion! I know there has been alot of coverage of SS'13 trends already, but I always love to put these kind of things together so I've cracked a bit of the old photoshop out again to create some moodboards to encapsulate some of my favourite trends to inspire you all!



First and foremost it is the spring summer season, so of course straight up there is Colour! This year think of re-creating summer sunsets with hues of orange, bright pink and yellow worn either head to toe or mixed and matched to create the ultimate summer style. For an added colour pop, try working a bit of Neon into your outfit! It looks amazing against black leather or to create a sporty luxe style with grey t-shirts and big old wedge trainers! You could even make like LFW street style and add a neon edge with a bright beanie or statement clutch!
Inspiration: Diane Von Furstenberg, Stella McCartney and Tibi.


Next up.. Prints! Bold prints were a huge trend last year and it doesn’t seem like it will be slowing down anytime soon for SS'13. Rather than the eclectic prints of AW12, this year it's all about opting for something bold with geometric, animal, floral and global style prints. This is the perfect opportunity to be adventurous from striking coloured shirts and mirror patterned skirts to dresses inspired by summer travels!

Inspiration: Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane and Mary Katrantzou




And finally, of course it's Monochrome! One of my all time favourite trends and style that in my opinion never really goes out of fashion! For this SS not only has Monochrome been emerging solo on the catwalks, it's also being mixed up for this spring season with a mish-mash of patterns and prints! A good tip would be to think 1960’s and keep your eyes out for checks and stripes a la Marc Jacobs - in this case it really is the bolder the better! For the evening, why not add a tuxedo style blazer to create a bit of an androgynous feel to your look!
Inspiration: Marc by Marc Jacobs and DVF



What are all your favourite trends for this Spring Summer?




 

7 comments :

  1. I'm with you on all of these trends, especially the florals!
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Lyndsey - The floral prints are fab aren't they! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the post ! Great illustration of the upcoming spring trends !


    XX Luba

    Classic trench + skinny jenas + captoe shoes in my look today
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I knew how to use photoshop!! Love this post - especially the monochrome and I love fashion mixbag in general :)

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. followed your blog via bloglovin'. : ) Your blog is very cute and fun! come check out my blog otoo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4247273

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx