Tuesday 3 January 2012

Topshop SS12 Collection Preview

Despite Christmas day being just over a week ago, there appears to be no rest on the fashion front as the Spring Summer 2012 collections are already waiting to be released, hot on the heels of the winter season. With Topshop releasing it's SS12 preview collections online today, naturally my addiction to the brand meant that all other things I had planned for the day had to be pushed aside so I could whittle around the site to choose my favourite items, and so here they are! Featuring garments and accessories from the the Jungle' 'Hide and Seek,' '90's Redux' and 'Under the Sea' collections, there seems to be no limitations on teaming prints and colours from a variety of colour palettes. The floral print patterned pieces are particular favourites, especially with the shirts' asymmetric hems and the cutsie element of the back to school backpack.  



The 90's Redux collection sees a move from past winter collection's Aviator jackets with the return of the Bomber Jacket. Something that has not graced the shelves in force since the late 1970's. Available in clashing prints and bold colours, there's no doubt the re-juvenated jacket will be the statement piece of any outfit come the summer.



I also love the bubblegum pop shades and faded fluorescents, bringing in a nostalgic edge to the season's trends. (Although I don't think I've worn a sock with a frill trimming since a very young age when socks and shoes were teamed with matching party dresses, and our biggest concern was whether there would be enough jelly and ice cream... those were the days.)


All images: www.topshop.com


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx