Wednesday 11 April 2012

Manchester Fashion Week is Finally Here!

After waiting numerous weeks, on Monday I finally headed off to Avenue North, Spinningfields for the the first day of the much anticipated Manchester Fashion Week! I had to make my way back from Cheltenham that morning so with my pre-planned outfit on, camera at my side and a few Lucozades downed I was ready and excited for all the fashion to be unravelled when I finally reached Manchester!

After meeting the other lovely MCRFW bloggers, the first day was kicked off with the likes of Private White, River Island and Merabi by Nadine gracing the freshly placed catwalk. What started off as a typical cold, windy and rainy day was soon blown away with high street brand River Island showcasing their fruitful summer collection. The Womenswear pieces consisted of thigh high hot pants and 50’s inspired pastel tie up tops, with Aztec prints and cropped blazers also making a show. On a more demure side, monochromatic patch piece dresses and fitted jackets were also shown, embracing a sleek tuxedo vibe. For the Menswear, tailored chinos, suit pieces, and summer jackets worked their way down the catwalk with the Aztec print also making an appearance on the classic short sleeved shirt.



Before making way to the Merabi show, in the MCRFW lounge the Escapade bar was offering a range of drinks from detox smoothies to champagne cocktails with a choice to enjoy your drink in style on either a quirky stiletto or origami shaped seat and for us bloggers, one of the glowing pods in the blogging area. If you have a sweet tooth the exhibition room was definitely a place to visit with a selection of retro sweets from ‘The Sweet Shop’s old-style cart and beautifully decorated cupcakes from Jellytots and Dolly mixtures. I will be making sure I try at least a few of these before the end of the week!



However, for me personally it was the sparkling and stunning dresses from Merabi by Nadine that really successfully rounded off day one. I hadn't heard of the label before so wasn't too sure what to expect but the collection was stunning. After being introduced by hip hop dance troop The Shockafellas, under the bright lights of the catwalk the shimmering evening wear attire saw beautiful gowns to chic cocktail dresses, with particular attention taken to detail with lace, bead and feather finishes. I fell a little in love with the lace tiered floor skimming gown, I can just imagine it on the red carpet!

The Shockafellas; Dance Troop




So with the first day over I was massively looking forward to main sponsor, Missguided, taking over all five shows on Tuesday!
(That post will be up soon as I took far too may pictures for my own liking and need a good sorting!)

You can find all the official posts on the Manchester Fashion Week website as well! http://www.mcrfashionweek.com/



 

2 comments :

  1. I was there yesterday! wish i could have gone on tuesday but i was so busy! looks like you had an amazing time though! :)


    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it would have been nice to meet you, shame I wasn't there yesterday! Hope you a had a lovely time!

      Justine
      xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx